Announcing our panel discussion for DjangoCon US 2023: Who put me in charge? Moving beyond day-to-day coding in Django
We’re excited to announce our panel discussion for DjangoCon US 2023!
Jay Miller, one of our 2022 keynote speakers, will host a panel discussion about career development in the Django world.
Not everyone can or wants to solely write code for the rest of their working careers, so we’ll explore other ways of advancing in your career, including ways that don’t involve traditional management roles.
- Broader-scale individual contributor roles, such as principal engineers
- Running your own consultancy agency
- Management roles, both technical and non-technical
Our panelists include (and more will be added before the session):
- Charles Rejonis, Chief Products Officer, Wharton Research Data Services
Elizabeth Christensen, manager at Crunchy Data
- Frank Wiles, founder of REVSYS and former Django Software Foundation President
- Andrew Godwin, longtime Django core contributor
- Julia Solórzano, 2023 Keynote Speaker
You don’t have to be an experienced developer to get something out of this talk; this talk will be helpful to people starting out on their career track so they can know what might lie ahead as well as managers who want to better understand the developer career mindset.
Don’t forget to buy your ticket and reserve your hotel room today!